Bus Accident Lawyer in Dearborn
Call Toll-Free 24 Hours:

Bus Accident Lawyer in Dearborn

Have you been in a bus accident? Have you been injured? Whether you were a passenger on the bus, a pedestrian, or the occupant/driver of another vehicle, you may need legal help to receive the compensation you need.

The Limitations Of No-Fault

If you’ve been injured in a bus accident, you are entitled to receive Michigan No-Fault Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits — whether or not you have no-fault insurance yourself. These benefits cover your medical expenses, lost wages, attendant care, and other services you may need while you recover.

If you are the injured party and don’t have insurance, which insurance company is going to pay? In priority order, the responsible insurance company to pay PIP benefits in this situation is:

    • Your no-fault policy
  • Your spouse’s (or another relative) policy
  • The insurer of the owner/registrant of the vehicle (bus)
  • The insurer of the driver of the vehicle (bus)
  • The Michigan Assigned Claims Plan (MACP), which is special insurance administered by the Michigan Insurance Placement Facility (MAIPF)

In most cases, No-Fault PIP coverage is sufficient, but sometimes it isn’t.

The professionals at Cochran, Kroll & Associates P.C. are ready to meet with you to discuss your situation and make recommendations. We can help guide you through the settlement process with insurance companies, and if necessary we can file a personal injury claim on your behalf to recover the damages you deserve.

Have You Been Seriously Injured?

Will you be able to return to the same job when you recover from your injuries? Will you be able to return to work at all? Are you facing permanent disability? How will you pay your bills in the future?

If you are filled with questions and need answers, we can do that together. Cochran, Kroll & Associates has worked with individuals and families throughout Michigan, helping them move forward after bus accidents — as well as trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and other vehicle accidents. Each case is different, and our entire law office is dedicated to getting you a fair and adequate settlement.

Filing Deadlines

Michigan law says that a person injured in a bus crash must file for no-fault PIP benefits within one year of the accident. A personal injury claim must be filed within three years of the accident.

However, if you intend to file a claim against one of the 82 public transit providers operating in Michigan — like the Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) or Suburban Mobility Authority For Regional Transportation (SMART) — the claimant must submit written notice to the bus company within 60 days of the accident.

Assistance Is A Click Away

We are ready to meet with you in whatever setting makes sense – our offices, your home or hospital room, or some other location — to help you move forward. After this free consultation, if we decide to work together, it will be on a contingency fee agreement, which means we only get paid when you receive your settlement.

Contact us toll-free today (24 hours) at 866-466-9912 or use our convenient online contact form.


Testimonial Image


There is no obligation for a case evaluation & no fee is charged unless a recovery is made.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Your privacy is important to us. Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable or confidential information with third parties for any purpose.
Call Now Button