Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Livonia
Call Toll-Free 24 Hours:

Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Livonia

Construction work involves dangerous machinery and often working at heights. It can be a hazardous profession, and workers often receive injuries on the job. If you have suffered an injury while working, you are likely eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.

If a faulty product caused your injury, consult a Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Livonia about pursuing a product liability lawsuit.

Construction site accidents can result in severe injuries and cause long-term disabilities. To ensure you receive the compensation you deserve, contact Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C., an experienced law firm based in metro Detroit, Michigan, serving Livonia and the surrounding areas.

Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Livonia

What To Do After an Injury

Immediately following an injury, seek medical care. Even if the injury was mild, it could take several days for problems to appear after an accident. An official report from a doctor on the day of the accident can serve as proof that your injuries occurred at work, even if your symptoms appeared later.

After receiving medical treatment, report the accident and injury to your supervisor. Although you have 90 days to report a workplace injury in Michigan, it’s better to notify your employer or human resources department as soon as possible. Workers’ compensation laws state that a company must cover your medical bills and provide coverage for lost wages only if the accident happened at work. Reporting quickly gives your employer less leeway to argue that the injuries occurred elsewhere. For the first 28 days, you are required to use a doctor recommended by your employer.

Keep a detailed record of your expenses. Note down every doctor’s appointment, prescription, and diagnosis. A Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Livonia will use your records to ensure you receive full compensation.

Lastly, contact a construction accident attorney. They can help you file your claim and determine if you are eligible for more than workers’ compensation benefits.

Who’s Responsible?

All employers in Michigan with more than three employees must hold workers’ compensation insurance. If your accident was merely bad luck, you’ll need to file a workers’ compensation claim within two years of the date of the injury.

If your employer is a subcontractor without workers’ comp insurance, the general contractor’s insurance company must cover your expenses.

Some injury cases happen because of faulty equipment. If a malfunctioning tool or poorly designed ladder caused your injury, you might be able to file a product liability claim. Manufacturers are often large companies with a permanent legal team. To ensure your product liability claim’s success, work with a law office experienced in product liability.

If a third party’s negligence caused your injury, you might be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit.

Arrange a Free Consultation

Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. offer a wide range of legal services. We specialize in personal injury claims, workers’ compensation, and product liability.

To determine how to get the most compensation, contact our team today at 866-MICH-LAW. Our experienced legal team will analyze your situation at your free consultation and make a plan to fight for your right to compensation.


Testimonial Image


There is no obligation for a case evaluation & no fee is charged unless a recovery is made.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Your privacy is important to us. Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable or confidential information with third parties for any purpose.
Call Now Button