Sterling Heights’s Construction Site Accident Lawyer
Call Toll-Free 24 Hours:

Sterling Heights’s Construction Site Accident Lawyer

Construction site injuries are unfortunately a relatively common occurrence. As one of the most dangerous industries, accidents are common and can range from traumatic brain injuries to lost limbs from heavy equipment.

If you’ve been involved in a construction site accident and insurance company benefits aren’t sufficient, a  Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Sterling Heights at our law firm can help you take legal action to get the compensation you deserve.

Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Sterling Heights

What to do if You’ve Been Injured

Steps should be taken if you’ve been injured on a construction site to ensure you meet all statutes of limitations, so you can get the benefits and assistance you need.

The first thing to do is seek out medical treatment. Whether this means first aid or going to the hospital, your injury must be addressed. Even minor injuries may result in unexpected long-term consequences (like a concussion from a bump to the head), so it’s essential to get checked out. It’s also vital to establish a written record of your medical treatment.

You have two years from the accident date to file a workers’ compensation claim, and once you do, benefits can start being paid out.

After treatment, you should report the accident. The state’s workers’ compensation laws require accidents to be reported to your employer within 90 days, so make sure to do this promptly.

When filing a worker’s compensation claim, your employer chooses the doctor for the first 28 days.

Problems with Normal Compensation Routes

Workers’ compensation systems payout 80% of after-tax wages after eight days off the job and will cover medical costs, but they’re not always reliable.

The insurance company may dispute your claim regarding the injury’s severity or whether the workplace truly caused it. They could also dispute it if you missed the filing deadline.

You may run into issues with employee misclassification. This occurs when employers document workers as independent contractors so they don’t have to pay workers’ comp fees, locking you out of the benefits you should be getting.

A third party personal injury claim can be filed in civil court if someone who is not your employer was in any way responsible for your accident. You can also file a product liability claim if your injury occurred due to defective equipment.

Call Our Law Firm Today

If you’ve suffered an injury, lost wages, or need legal representation, contact the law offices of Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. at 866-MICH-LAW. Our Construction Site Accident Lawyer in Sterling Heights, serving Detroit, Michigan, and Sterling Heights, offer a free consultation on injury cases.


Testimonial Image


There is no obligation for a case evaluation & no fee is charged unless a recovery is made.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Your privacy is important to us. Cochran, Kroll & Associates, P.C. does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable or confidential information with third parties for any purpose.
Call Now Button